- Paying respect: Funeral services held for Deputy Mike Roberts
- Posted Oct. 5, 2011 midnight
- Funeral services were held Tuesday for Pottawatomie County Sheriff’s Deputy Mike Roberts. Roberts, 45, and Deputy Tim Lowry, 56, were killed in the line of duty in a traffic accident Friday east of Asher. Several hundred attended services for Roberts at the First Baptist Church in St. Louis, including representatives from more than 40 law enforcement agencies there to honor Roberts, his family, friends and fellow deputies. Services for Lowry are 11 a.m. today at Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Konawa.
More Photo Galleries
Subscribe to our print edition today and keep up with all the latest news and views from our community.
- Top Stories
- Jury convicts Shawnee woman in 2012 homicide
- Students, volunteers worked to assist community after storm
- Ways to help Shawnee area tornado victims
- Shawnee area residents find priceless keepsakes in tornado rubble
- One FEMA location set up in Shawnee
- Boat ramps, park closed at lake
- Shawnee police officers respond to tornado-ravaged Moore area
- 93 structures destroyed: Tornado clean up continues in Pottawat...
- News-Star makes all news free on website
- Two fatalities confirmed from Sunday's tornado
- Couple survives tornado as house takes direct hit
- Read more top stories