Voters on Tuesday will decide a run-off race for the city of Shawnee Ward 4 seat while Republicans will choose a winner in the run-off for the State Senate District 17 seat.
Polls will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. for the 2012 Runoff Primary and City of Shawnee General Runoff election.
In the city’s Ward 4 race, voters will decide between Keith Hall and David Bergsten.
The Ward 4 seat is currently held by Billy Collier. He ran for re-election but was defeated by Hall and Bergsten in the primary, although neither of them had enough votes to avoid the run-off.
For the Republican State Senate District 17 run-off, Republican voters will choose between Ed Moore and Ron Sharp.
Neither of those candidate received 51 percent of the vote to procure the seat in the four-candidate primary.
Since there is not a Democratic candidate running for District 17, the winner of the Tuesday run-off election will claim the Senate seat formerly held by Sen. Charlie Laster (D-Shawnee).
Diana L. Knight, secretary of the Pottawatomie County election Board, said voters are urged voters to take their Voter Identification Cards to the polls with them Tuesday.
“Your Voter Identification Card can help Precinct Officials find your name in the Precinct Registry and it may also help them resolve the problem if you are not listed in the Precinct,” she said.
Voters who are not found in the Precinct Registry, or voters who disagree with the information shown in the Registry, may need to cast a provisional ballot. A provisional ballot is sealed in a special envelope and counted after election day if the voter’s information can be verified by the County Election Board.
If voters want to cast an early absentee ballot, in-person absentee voting is available 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday at the election board in the Pottawatomie County courthouse.
Pottawatomie County polling places for Tuesday’s Ward 4 or Senate District 17 run-offs?
• Precinct 1 — South Rock Creek School, 17800 Rock Creek Road.?
• Precinct 2 — Calvary Baptist Church, 214 W. Farrall, Shawnee.
?• Precinct 3 — First Church of the Nazarene, 11th and Market, Shawnee.?
• Precinct 6 — YMCA, 700 W. Saratoga, Shawnee.?
• Precinct 7 — University Baptist Church, 2500 N. Kickapoo, Shawnee.
?• Precinct 9 — St. Gregory’s University, 1900 W. MacArthur, Shawnee.?
• Precinct 11 — Grove School, 2800 N. Bryan.?
• Precinct 12 — Wesley United Methodist Church, 302 E. Independence.?
• Precinct 13 — Northridge Church of Christ, 1001 E. MacArthur.?
• Precinct 15 — Temple Baptist Church, 1234 E. Highland, Shawnee.
?• Precinct 18 — Oak Park Church of God, 329 N. Pesotum, Shawnee.?
• Precinct 22 — Bethel Acres Assembly of God, 18509 Bethel Road.?
• Precinct 24 — North Rock Creek School, 42400 Garrett’s Lake Road.?
• Precinct 25 — Lakeview Church of Christ, 15301 Highway 102.?
• Precinct 26 — Bethel Acres Assembly of God, 18509 Bethel Road.
• Precinct 29 — Tecumseh City Hall, 114 N. Broadway.?
• Precinct 31 — McLoud Board of Education.