Following a three-day filing period for school board candidates, elections will be held in Earlsboro, Shawnee, Pleasant Grove and Maud, while seats were unopposed in other districts.
The Board of Education positions at stake will be filled at the annual school election scheduled for Feb. 12, 2013.
Vying for the Shawnee Office No. 5 seat, a five-year term, are Gerry L. Pfeil and Judy Chance.
In Earlsboro, Phyllis Croswell and Tracey Poe are in the race for the Office No. 3 seat, a five-year term.
In Maud, there are three candidates in the race for Office No. 3, a five-year term. Scott Bruno, Amy Bassett and DeCarla Wallgren are the candidates in that race.
Those in the Pleasant Grove district will decide between Jerry Skaggs and Timothy J. Lawrence for the Office No. 1 seat, a five-year term.
No one filed declarations of candidacy for the Wanette Office No. 3 seat and the Shawnee Office No. 7 seat.
The sole candidates who were unopposed won filings in the remaining districts. They are:
• McLoud, Office No. 3, five-year term: Randy Patterson.
• Dale, Office No. 3, five-year term: Ronnie H. Newton
• Bethel, Office No. 3, five-year term: Les Herman.
• Macomb, Office No. 3, five-year term: Don Daily.
• Tecumseh, Office No. 3, five-year term: Tracy Bryant.
• Asher, Office No. 3, five-year term: Michael D. Martin.
• North Rock Creek, Office No. 1, three-year term: Rick Gowin.
• Grove, Office No. 1, three-year term: John R. Brown III.
• South Rock Creek, Office No.1, three-year term: Mary Sue McNeil.
• Gordon Cooper Technology Center, Office No. 5, five-year term: Jimmy Gibson.