Several persons filed Declarations of Candidacy Monday as the three-day filing period opened for municipal offices in six Pottawatomie County towns, with races already developing in McLoud, Pink and Maud.
The filing period continues until 5 p.m. Wednesday.
The following are the open seats for each municipality, followed by filings from Monday.
• Asher — Two trustees for a four-year term and one trustee for an unexpired two-year term. Filing Monday was Reva Hamilton.
• McLoud — Ward 3 Council member, four-year term; Ward council member, four-year term; At-large council member, four-year term; Ward 1 council member, a two-year term.
Three filed Monday for the Ward 3 seat in McLoud — Jon Barrett, Ralph E. Schilb and Pete Pendley.
• Maud — Councilmember Wards 2 and 4, four-year term; Councilmember Ward 1, a two-year term.
Filing Monday for Ward 2 were Roger Cunningham and Don R. Lam.
• Bethel — Ward 2 and 4 Trustees, four-year-terms; Clerk/Treasurer, an unexpired two-year term. There were no filings Monday.
• Pink — Ward 2 and 4 trustees, four-year terms. Filing Monday for Office No. 2 were Jamille Parris and Harvey Babbit Jr.
• Wanette — Two Trustees, four-year term and one trustee, a two-year term. There were no filings Monday.
The municipal offices at stake in six municipalities will be filled in the nonpartisan General Election scheduled April 2, 2013.
The filings period continues 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. today and Wednesday at the Pottawatomie County Election Board.