Several more people have filed Declarations of Candidacy for open municipal seats in six Pottawatomie County towns. The filing period concludes at 5 p.m. today.
The filings in each municipality so far are:
• Asher — A four-year term and one seat for an unexpired two-year term are open. Filing Monday for one seat was Reva Hamilton, 67, while Wesley R. Culwell, 58, filed for the other seat on Tuesday.
• McLoud —Four seats are up for grabs.
Those seeking the Ward 3 four-year term in McLoud are Jon Barrett, 65, Ralph E. Schilb, 75, Pete Pendley, 68, and Tim McGuinness, 41.
Filings for the Ward No. 1 council seat so far are Becky Carpenter, 50, and Philip Leslie Solinger, 57.
Filing for the Ward No. 4 seat Tuesday were Ronald Kenyon, 66, and Thomas Morris, 69.
For the council member at-large seat, Steven Michael Tomaszewski, 57, filed Tuesday.
• Maud — Seats are open for Wards 2 and 4, four-year terms, and a two-year term for Ward 1.
Filing Monday for Ward 2 were Roger Cunningham, 48, and Don R. Lam, 66.
Filing Tuesday for Ward 1 were Terry McCracken, 51, and Carl Parramore, 77.
• Bethel — Ward 2 and 4 Trustees, four-year-terms; Clerk/Treasurer, an unexpired two-year term. There were no filings Monday but Curtis LaMastus, 55, filed for the Ward 4 seat on Tuesday.
• Pink — Seat are open for Ward 2 and 4 trustees, four-year terms. Filing Monday Ward 2 were Jamille Parris, 44, and Harvey Babbit Jr., 64.
• Wanette — Seats are open for two Trustees. Filing Tuesday were Roy VanSchuyver, 68, and Frank Sturgill, 71.
The municipal offices at stake in six municipalities will be filled in the nonpartisan General Election scheduled April 2.
The filings period continues 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. today at the Pottawatomie County Election Board.