Gerry Pfeil retained her seat in the Shawnee Board of Education Office 5 seat. Additionally voters passed two Grove Public School bond issues.
Pfeil carried 60 percent of Tuesday’s vote, over her opponent, Judy Chance who took 40 percent.
“Thank you to the voters of Shawnee Public School district, for your votes and support,” Pfeil said. “I will serve to the best of my ability representing the patrons of the district during the next four years.”
Pfeil was initially appointed to the position in October, after the office was left vacant for two months.
The other Shawnee Board of Education seat, Office 7, did not draw an applicant. The school board will begin accepting applications for the seat at their next meeting.
Grove Public School had two propositions, both of which passed at 80 percent.
According to a fact sheet provided by a school official, Proposition No. 1 asked for $290,000 to improve and upgrade the school’s security system, as well as to construct a bad weather canopy on the area of the northeast bus loading doors. Funds also will be earmarked for driveway and paving repairs and to construct a bus barn.
Proposition No. 2 asked voters to approve $180,000 in transportation funds, with the fact sheet showing those funds will be used to purchase two new school buses.
Other school board elections included Earlsboro School Board Office 3. Phyllis Crosswell took the seat with 67 percent, compared to opponent Tracey Poe’s 33 percent.
Jerry Skaggs carried the Pleasant Grove School Board Office 1 election with 80 percent of the vote, compared to Timothy J. Lawrence’s 20 percent.
Maud School Board Office No. 3 will have a run-off, as no candidate took 51 percent of the vote. Amy Bassett took 41.3 percent of the vote. She will run against Scott Bruno, who took 31.3 percent of the vote. DeCarla Wallgren took 27.4 percent of the vote.
The run-off will be in April.