Crews continue to work on sidewalk and new ramps throughout Shawnee.
• Crews are working at 10th and Union in Shawnee.
• This is part of the city’s Sidewalk/ADA Handicap Ramp Project.
• All Roads Paving was awarded the contract for this year.
• City Engineer John Krywicki said the contract totaled $127,337.25 for a number of these projects.
• He said year’s contract is approximately 35 percent spent,
• The contract documents allow for the contract to be extended for one additional year period.
• That is if both the City and the Contractor agree the same unit prices would be acceptable.
• He said it’s an ongoing project.
• The city tries to budget $150,000 to 200,000 each year for installation of the accessible ramps.