James Morgan’s three-day run from the law ended Monday night at a Shawnee residence.

James Morgan’s three-day run from the law ended Monday night at a Shawnee residence.

Morgan, 32, who was sought during an intensive manhunt near Tecumseh Friday, was arrested late Monday night.

Tecumseh Assistant Police Chief J.R. Kidney said officers from Shawnee and Tecumseh, as well as Pottawatomie County sheriff’s deputies and members of the district attorney’s task force, converged on a home in the area of Benedict and Leo Streets to make that arrest.

Officers had been on the lookout for Morgan since calling off a manhunt that commenced most of Friday afternoon and evening in the area of SH 9 and Skaggs City/Malone Roads.

Morgan, who had outstanding felony warrants including possession of controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, along with knowingly concealing stolen property, could now face additional charges stemming from Friday’s incidents, Kidney said. The case will be turned over the district attorney’s office for consideration.

Morgan was being booked in to the Pottawatomie County Public Safety Center Monday night.

A manhunt began for Morgan following a series of events that began Friday when members of the sheriff’s warrant team attempted to serve Morgan with the felony warrant at a mobile home park on Harrison Road in Tecumseh.

About the same time, Tecumseh police received a fire alarm call from another mobile home in the same area. As crews arrived, they noticed a man jump into a vehicle.

Kidney said the suspect driver attempted to run over two Tecumseh police officers and an Absentee Shawnee tribal police officer as he fled the scene.

One of the Tecumseh officers “fired shots at the vehicle,” Kidney said, which drove off eastbound on SH 9 towards Seminole, where a short police pursuit ensued.

“We believed one of the bullets” disabled the vehicle, Kidney said, as the driver lost power steering and crashed at SH 9 and Skaggs City/Malone Roads.

Approaching officers noticed the man, wearing tan pants and boots, fled the vehicle and ran southbound.

Initially, Kidney said they weren’t sure of the suspect’s identity. But further investigation into the vehicle and items inside, along with phone calls, led authorities to believe it was Morgan, the same man they were already looking for, Kidney said.

As the search commenced in the area Friday afternoon and into the evening, Kidney said about 35 law enforcement units were on the ground and sealed off a one-square mile area, and air support initially came from an Oklahoma Highway Patrol airplane.

As darkness fell after 7 p.m., Oklahoma City’s helicopter with night vision assisted in the manhunt.

After searching until nearly 10 p.m. with no sightings on night vision, Kidney said crews suspended the manhunt.

Law enforcement officers spent the weekend tracking Morgan, which led to the home in Shawnee Monday night.

Shawnee Police Chief Russell Frantz said officers had six to seven people detained late Monday night for questioning in connection with the search for Morgan. It was unknown if any could face possible charges.

Watch for updates.