New sign for Conference Center at Expo
• Work is under way on a new sign for the Conference Center at the Expo Center.
• Operations Director Mike Jackson said this is the first ever sign for the Conference Center.
• The sign will read “Heart of Oklahoma Conference Center.”
• The Heart of Oklahoma letters are 24 inches tall; the Conference Center letters are 18 inches tall.
• The LED lighted signs come on automatically when it begins to get dark outside.
• Jackson predicts the work on this sign will be completed by Friday.
• Signage was recently installed on the Otto Krausse building (formerly known as the Orange building before it was painted white several years ago).
• Jackson said three other signs directing people to the RV park will be installed probably by next week.
• Jackson said total cost of the Conference Center sign, the Otto Krausse building sign and the other three signs is $10,400.
• The signs are being paid for with Capital Improvement funds approved by the Shawnee City Commission.