Kickapoo project progressing, water line relocation about 90 percent finished.
• City Engineer John Krywicki says waterline line relocation is about 90 percent complete on the Kickapoo reconstruction.
• He says the water line relocation will continue across MacArthur terminating just immediately before it gets to 32nd Street.
• That is one block north of MacArthur.
• Work continues on the paving construction from the Spur to Independence on the southbound lanes.
• When those two lanes are completed in approximately 3 or so weeks, then traffic will be moved onto them.
• Construction on the two northbound lanes will begin from the Spur to Independence.
• He estimates overall over all, the contractor is probably 7-8 percnt complete with paving construction.
• He said tentative completion timeframe probably not until early Fall 2014.
• Total construction bid price was $11,274,639 by Haskel Lemon Construction.
• That includes all the water line relocation costs of $1,765,813.
Care to know about more about something? Drop us a line at:
Phone: 405-273-4200 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: 405-273-4207 Mail: P.O. Box 1688, Shawnee, OK 74802.