A McLoud man was arrested and then jailed Tuesday night on a first-degree murder complaint in the death of his stepfather.

A McLoud man was arrested and then jailed Tuesday night on a first-degree murder complaint in the death of his stepfather.

Denver St. Clair, 58, died Dec. 21 after being involved in a fistfight altercation with his stepson at his home in rural McLoud.

An arrest warrant was issued Tuesday for his stepson, Brad Lee Davis, 33, who was arrested without incident by Pottawatomie County sheriff's deputies and members of the District Attorney's Drugs and Violent Crimes Task Force. Formal charges have not been filed.

Sheriff Mike Booth said investigators began probing the matter the night of the fight and have been awaiting further details from the medical examiner's report.

The arrest warrant shows that Davis, when talking to investigators, allegedly admitted he struck St. Clair multiple times during the fight and pulled St. Clair's elastic underwear band up over his head and around his neck during that altercation.

The affidavit shows the medical examiner ruled St. Clair died as a result of both blunt force trauma and asphyxiation "caused by the elastic underwear band being stretched over the decedent's head and left around his neck."

The affidavit indicates that while witnesses said Davis and St. Clair reportedly got along, there allegedly had been disagreements between the suspect and victim over financial matters.

The 10-page arrest warrant indicates there have been numerous interviews conducted as part of this ongoing investigation, including several different interviews with the suspect.

Investigators found St. Clair's body with multiple blunt injuries to the face and saw that his elastic underwear band had been stretched up over his head, which left a ligature mark around his neck, the affidavit reads.

Authorities also found numerous blood events in the living room and blood spatter in both the kitchen and living room areas.

As part of this investigation, the affidavit shows authorities executed a search warrant of the suspect's cell phone and retrieved photos that had been taken at the scene. The warrant shows that based on those photos and time stamps, detectives believe the crime scene also was altered prior to law enforcement arrival at the home on Dec. 21.

As part of the probe, investigators also found text messages pertaining to the events that unfolded.

Davis was booked into the Pottawatomie County Public Safety Center Tuesday night on the murder warrant, where he was to remain jailed without bond.

Watch for updates.