Road project way behind schedule.
• City Engineer John Krywicki reports the Kickapoo project is behind schedule.
• The paving portion of the project is running behind several months.
• He said section (both sides) of Kickapoo from the Spur to Independence were to be completed back in August of 2013.
• That was from the original construction schedule submitted by Haskel-Lemon.
• He said ODOT has provided a new schedule that Haskel-Lemon has prepared.
• He said it looks like they won’t be completely through with the section from the Spur to Independence until end of March this year.
• The Contractor is also installing the temporary asphalt pavement on the east side of Kickapoo.
• That’s from Independence to Federal.
• When that’s completed they will move traffic over to the east two lanes.
• Then they will begin pavement removal and construction on the west two lanes.
• He said it’s a challenge to reconstruct a four-lane roadway improvement while never closing the road down, but maintaining two-way traffic at all times, and also providing access to all the businesses along the construction area.
• He says the water line relocation and improvements are 100 percent completed and in service.
Care to know about more about something? Drop us a line at:
Phone: 405-273-4200 E-mail: email@example.com
Fax: 405-273-4207 Mail: P.O. Box 1688, Shawnee, OK 74802.