Prosecutors file charges in two local cases.
Pottawatomie County prosecutors have filed formal charges against 12 defendants who were arrested after search warrants were served in two recent drug-related cases in Shawnee.
Several people were jailed over the Memorial Day weekend on various drug-related complaints after police raided a home at 2311 Crest Drive.
Days later in an unrelated investigation, police made drug-related arrests when serving a warrant at a home that’s been raided several times at 616 S. Broadway.
Owner/occupants of those homes now face charges including maintaining a place where controlled dangerous substances are kept or sold.
In the case of 616 S. Broadway, Gilbert W. Hurd Jr., 57, and Demond Deshaw Drennon, 38, are now formally charged with maintaining a place for keeping/selling controlled substance and possession of CDS, both felonies, along with a misdemeanor count of unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia. Their next court dates haven’t yet been scheduled.
As a result of the warrant served on Crest Drive, several people now face charges from that incident, including Angel Wilson, 29, who is charged with maintaining a place for keeping or selling of CDS, along with possession of CDS and possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony.
Arrest affidavits show authorities converged on the Crest Drive residence in Shawnee, where many people were detained as police searched the residence and vehicles, with authorities finding guns, ammunition, along with marijuana, including one piece weighing 12.4 grams; a plastic baggie of methamphetamine weighing about 1.1 grams, along with numerous other drug-related items, including a Hello Kitty notebook described by investigators as a “drug ledger” with the amounts people owed, the affidavit shows.
Among the other arrestees in that incident, the following also are charged:
• Melissa Deer, 35, is charged with possession of CDS, a felony, and a misdemeanor of possession of drug paraphernalia.
• David Allen Jones Jr., 31, is charged with possession of CDS and a misdemeanor of possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Kelli Watson, 28, is charged with possession of CDS and unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Felicia Howell, 23, is charged with possession of CDS.
• Kristy Fixico, 32, was charged with the misdemeanor of obstructing an officer.
• Courtney Keil, 32, was charged with possession of CDS and a misdemeanor of unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Willie Hishaw III, 36, was charged with felony possession of a firearm after former felony conviction and a misdemeanor of possession of CDS.
• Marland Tramble, 36, is charged with possession of CDS.
• Chris Dockrey, 45, is charged with possession of CDS.