|
|
|
The Shawnee News-Star
  • Stabbing suspect makes first court appearance

  • The suspect who turned himself in and was jailed Wednesday night on a first-degree murder complaint in connection with a Shawnee man's stabbing death made his initial court appearance Thursday.
    • email print
      Comment
  • The suspect who turned himself in and was jailed Wednesday night on a first-degree murder complaint in connection with a Shawnee man’s stabbing death made his initial court appearance Thursday.
    Raymond Dewayne Harjo Jr., 24, of Seminole, was booked into the Seminole County jail Wednesday night. He was transported to the Pottawatomie County courthouse Thursday morning, where he made the initial court appearance.
    Harjo was then taken to the Pottawatomie County Public Safety Center, where he remains jailed without bond.
    Formal charges have not been filed.
    Shawnee Police Detective Jason Crouch said police had been looking for Harjo following a weekend stabbing at a Shawnee residence that left Ronald Boley Jr., 32, hospitalized.
    When Boley died Wednesday morning at an Oklahoma City hospital, a judge signed a warrant for Harjo’s arrest on a first-degree murder complaint.
    Through his lawyer, Harjo turned himself to deputies Wednesday afternoon.
    What began as an assault investigation for Shawnee police is now a homicide probe, which is ongoing.
    Crouch said Boley was stabbed in neck in an altercation that occurred during a house party Friday night in the 500 block of North Louisa.
    Boley was transported by REACT EMS ambulance to OU Medical Center in Oklahoma City, where Crouch said he underwent surgery and was initially in critical, but stable condition, although he never regained consciousness.
    All investigative reports are being forwarded to the district attorney’s office for consideration of any formal charges.
    Watch for updates.

        calendar