The father of the security guard who was shot and killed by a co-worker Tuesday at the Grand Casino said his son aspired to one day become a law enforcement officer and had been working the security job since August.

Matthew Palmer, 22, of Macomb, was killed Tuesday morning in the shooting between two employees — both of them security guards at the casino. Palmer's father, Stacy Palmer, said his son was shot several times; he is troubled by the incomplete information and social media comments and said his son was the victim.

“My son did not have a gun — he was shot and killed,” Stacy Palmer said.

Citizen Potawatomi Nation officials on Tuesday identified the other employee as Justin Wells, 28, and did say during a press conference that neither employee would have had a gun as part of their security job duties at the casino.

The shooting occurred in an administrative offices area of the casino about 6:49 a.m.

Few details of what happened between the two employees have been released, although CPN authorities did identify Matthew Palmer as the victim. While some comments made to media indicated this is a possible case of a murder and attempted suicide, officials still haven't officially confirmed that, saying it is all part of the ongoing investigation.

Because the casino is considered federal property, the FBI is now leading the shooting investigation. FBI Special Agent Terry Weber on Wednesday said the FBI won't comment on an ongoing investigation. He also said he couldn't legally comment on the medical condition of the other person injured in the shooting.

CPN confirmed that Wells was taken to an area hospital Tuesday in a helicopter ambulance, but did not disclose his injuries. OU Medical Center in Oklahoma City, which typically receives trauma patients via Medi Flight, had no listing of Wells either Tuesday or Wednesday evening, nurse supervisors said, so his condition and location are still unclear.

Stacy Palmer said his son started the security job in August and he was considering a career in law enforcement. He said he and his family are overwhelmed by the support of family and friends during this time of tremendous grief. He spoke of his son and all the fun times they shared together.

“He was a pretty good athlete — he enjoyed hunting and fishing,” Stacy Palmer said, adding they enjoyed going to Thunder games together.

Matthew Palmer was a 2012 graduate of Asher High School.

Stacy Palmer said his son and Wells were co-workers who became friends at work, but he indicated the two were not friends on the day of the incident.

He said they haven't scheduled funeral services yet.

No other information about Wells or his condition could be obtained Wednesday night.