We have some suggestions as to how to spend your weekend - they include celebrating iPod Day, watching “Paranormal Activity 3” or “The Three Musketeers,” participating in Make A Difference Day and more. Do you know of anything happening around town? Any Halloween attractions people should check out? Let us know!
1. Sunday is iPod Day, a celebration of the release of the first Apple iPod on Oct. 23, 2001. This year’s day has special significance in light of the death of Steve Jobs, so there should be many events taking place if you’re looking to celebrate.
2. There are a handful of big movies out this week: “Paranormal Activity 3,” rated R, just in time for the Halloween crowd; a remake of “The Three Musketeers,” PG-13; the PG Rowan Atkinson flick “Johnny English Reborn”; and “Margin Call,” R, starring Zachary Quinto and Kevin Spacey.
3. Saturday is Make A Difference Day, the annual day of lending a hand and making a positive impact on your community. Check the newspaper for ideas, or call your favorite charity to see how you can help out this day.
4. Halloween season is in full swing, which means there are plenty of ways to celebrate: haunted houses, corn mazes, special events and more. Check the newspaper for event listings.
5. Sunday is the beginning of Red Ribbon Week (Oct. 23-31), an alcohol, drug and violence prevention awareness campaign. There are many ways to get involved; check out the official website or check around town.
GateHouse News Service