David ‘Wayne’ Clinkenbeard was born on Dec. 7, 1927, to William Fletcher and Gladys Josephine (Marsh) Clinkenbeard near the old Keokuk Falls School south of Prague.

David ‘Wayne’ Clinkenbeard was born on Dec. 7, 1927, to William Fletcher and Gladys Josephine (Marsh) Clinkenbeard near the old Keokuk Falls School south of Prague. He was one of seven children. In 1935 his family moved to a farm south of Stratford. They farmed there until selling the farm and going to California for 11 months where they worked in the fruit orchards and then returned back to Oklahoma, where he met his future wife.

On Aug. 13, 1945, he married Glenda Jean (Jeanie) Bonner in Gainesville, Texas, after beginning work in January 1944 at General Mills Flour Company. In April 1946, he was drafted into the Army and sent to the Philippines as an MP guarding Japanese prisoners. He was discharged in September 1947 and returned to General Mills to work and worked there until the mill shut down in 1952. In 1949 Wayne and Jean bought an acreage with a small home in Moore, where their three children were born: Marilyn Kay, Terry Dwayne and Mitchell Ray. In 1955, Wayne began working at Tinker Air Force Base. Wayne and Jean lived on the acreage for 15 years. In 1962, they purchased a farm in Wanette, built their home with Wayne, Jean and the boys doing almost all the work themselves. Marilyn was cook and housekeeper on Saturdays. Wayne also helped build two churches while working at Tinker. All three of the children married and had families of their own. Wayne retired in September 1983 from Tinker but not from working. He loved to help others, regardless of their ability to pay and was a life-long gardener. They were always generous with the excess of their large garden’s bounties, which they shared with family and friends. Wayne and Jean began to age and have health problems. Realizing that they needed to be near their children and doctors, they purchased an acreage in Shawnee in 1986 and began building again with just the boys and Jean. Wayne began to show signs of Alzheimer’s and was diagnosed in 2012. In December 2014, the children moved Wayne and Jean to Oklahoma City. His Alzheimer’s progressed quickly, and the children moved them to Rivermont Independent Living in late August 2015, where he went home to be with his Heavenly Father on Sunday, Sept. 27, 2015.

He is survived by his wife, Jean, of 70 years!!!!!! He is also survived by his children, Marilyn Stallings of Oklahoma City; Mitchell and wife, Janet Clinkenbeard of Newalla; sister, Lorene Crosswhite of Oklahoma City; brother, Jack Clinkenbeard of Colville, Washington; six grandchildren; 13 great-grandchildren; and one great-great-grandchild.

He was preceded in death by his parents, his son Terry in 1996, two brothers, two sisters and numerous other family members.

The family has requested that in lieu of flowers that donations be made in Wayne’s memory to your home church or LifeSpring Hospice, 2411 Springer Drive, Norman, OK 73069.

Visitation will begin at 9 a.m., Wednesday, Sept. 30, and continue through service time.

Service will be 2 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 1, at Southgate Pentecostal Holiness Church, 206 S. Janeway, Moore, with Pastor Lynn Ice, Southgate Pentecostal Holiness Church, Moore, Pastor Mark Guinn, Living Love Christian Center, Shawnee, and Reverend Toby Clinkenbeard officiating. Burial will follow at Tecumseh Cemetery under the direction of Cooper Funeral Home of Tecumseh.

To share memories, or to sign the guestbook online, go to www.cooperfuneral.com.