It’s that time of year. There’s a crispness in the air and the leaves are starting to turn despite the roller coaster of temperatures in recent weeks. An array of beautiful fall colors await.
Here are 7 of our top picks of places around Shawnee to enjoy the Fall season and watch the foliage change.
1. Oklahoma Baptist University— From the oval to sites all around campus, there is an abundance of trees to provide sights of Fall.
2. St. Gregory’s University — With the backdrop of Benedictine Hall, trees will be sharing their Fall colors.
3. Broadway Street — From MacArthur Street going south to downtown Shawnee, the tree-lined Broadway Street shows several stages of color each Fall.
4. Woodland Veterans Park in downtown Shawnee — With the Oklahoma Veterans Memorial and Shawnee Splash as backdrop, there are many trees changing in Woodland Veterans Park.
5. RedBud Park — With trees galore, this park is close to downtown and many homes.
6. Downtown Main Street and other areas of downtown — Trees lining Main Street sidewalks and other areas around downtown turn various shades of color each Fall.
7. Shawnee Twin Lakes — With the lake in the forefront, the many trees at the Twin Lakes sprinkle the skyline in color.
What do you think of our list? Do you know of other places you’d like to share?