On Thursday, Sept. 8, local businesses will join Shawnee's second annual Freedom USA event.
As part of the event, businesses across the country provide a free service, product or other item to members of the military and their immediate families, along with Veterans.
Locally, Shawnee Dental has partnered with Freedom Day USA to present free exams, simple cleanings, extractions and up to two simple filling to those who serve.
“Our men and women of our Armed Forces make great personal sacrifices in order to secure and protect our freedoms,” said Dr. Jennifer Koonce of Shawnee Dental. “We joined Freedom Day USA to say 'thank you' for their sacrifices and for our freedom and to give them a Day of Free.”
Other local Freedom Day offerings are:
• IEP Security Inc., one $50 gift card given away and Shawnee Dental.
• Complete Plumbing, free service call (up to one hour labor or install of purchased product).
• Rising Star Gymnastics, free month of gymnastics class.
• Shawnee Suds, free premium car wash
• Amy Price Shelter Insurance, gift card given away at Shawnee Dental.
• Collision Works, drawing for a free detail at each location.
• Uncommon Threads, free embroidery on all items purchased in store, up to 10,000 stitches.
• Tanquility Tanning Spa and Hair Salon, one tanning package and gift basket to be given away at Shawnee Dental.
• The Doggie Spot, free bath, blow dry and dog treats.
To learn more about the vent, go to www. FreedomDayUSA.org or www.facebook.com/FreedomDay USA.
For more information, call Shawnee Dental, 275-4581.