On Tuesday afternoon at 2:45 p.m., firefighters responded to a grass fire near Harrison Road in Tecumseh. Once they were on scene and had that fire under control, they received another call about a fire near Bob Crouch Road and Harrison Road.
According to Tecumseh Fire Chief Aaron Williams, the second fire was caused by a truck and trailer that was dragging a piece of metal, causing sparks to ignite the grass nearby.
Shawnee, Earlsboro, Bethel Acres and Maud assisted in extinguishing the fire.
None of the homes that were voluntarily evacuated experienced any damages.
With grass starting to go dormant, Oklahoma is entering prime grass fire season, which will last until early April.