Services are scheduled Monday for a 2-year-old Shawnee girl who died Sept. 2 at OU Children's Hospital in Oklahoma City.

Services are scheduled Monday for a 2-year-old Shawnee girl who died Sept. 2 at OU Children's Hospital in Oklahoma City.

Services for Jamie Murdock, 2, will be held 10 a.m. at Temple Baptist Church.

The child's mother, Whitney Breslin, 22, and her boyfriend, Cashe Graham, 22, remain jailed in the Pottawatomie County Public Safety Center on first-degree murder complaints in the child's death; formal charges have not been filed.

Both were arrested last Tuesday by Shawnee police. On Thursday, they made an initial court appearace and both are being held without bond.

Before the injuries that led to the child's death, police have confirmed that DHS was involved in a matter with the child on Aug. 4 and that the toddler also had marijuana in her system.

The case began about 11:41 a.m. Sept. 1 when police and medical services were dispatched to a home at 1222 E. Highland for a 911 call involving an unresponsive child, Sgt. Dan Shumaker said. At the time, it was noted the child had head and abdomen injuries.

Jamie was first transported to St. Anthony Shawnee Hospital and later transferred to Children's Hospital, where she died. An investigation resulted in the mother and her boyfriend being taken into custody.

Detective Jason Crouch said doctors have indicated cause of death was bleeding and swelling of the child's brain, although an official cause and manner of death is still awaited from the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner.

Crouch said the mother and boyfriend have acknowledged the child's injuries and to being the only two people in the home, but Crouch said they haven't admitted any involvement in the child's injuries. The detective, who said the 911 call was placed about 11:41 a.m., believes the injuries occurred within about an hour's timeframe of that phone call.

In addition to her physical injuries, Jamie also tested positive for having marijuana in her system, Crouch said, likely from ingesting it. The suspects have admitted to using marijuana, he added.

The child's death also brings up many questions about any prior issues. On Wednesday, Crouch confirmed the girl suffered two previous injuries that were reported to a doctor or emergency room, and there was a report filed for one of those circumstances. In that instance, which occurred Aug. 4, Crouch said DHS was called to investigate the matter further.

The News-Star has formally requested a summary of records from DHS once they become available.