Several deputies in Pottawatomie County Sheriff Mike Booth's office have once again received numerous Oklahoma Sheriff's Association Awards, including Deputy of the Year and Reserve Deputy of the Year.
Sgt. Steven Sample was named Deputy of the Year, Booth said, making him the eighth Pottawatomie County deputy to receive the state's highest honor.
Booth, who complimented Sample's strong work ethic, said Sample excels at everything he does.
“He's a results-oriented person,” Booth said. “He works at something and we see positive results.”
He has completed electronic mapping for the office and is also a critical part of the department's drone program, the sheriff said.
“He does an exceptional job,” Booth said, adding that Sample is also in the military and brings a lot of expertise to the sheriff's office.
Deputy Shaun Copelin was named Reserve Deputy of the Year, Booth said, making it the sixth time a deputy from Pottawatomie County has received that award.
Others receiving awards:
• Deputy Veronica Stidham received a special recognition award
• Deputy Jared Strand received Meritorious service award
• Deputy William Wheeler was honored with lifesaving award
• Deputy James Caskey received the special recognition award
• Deputy Chad Pope received the Medal of Valor.