Shawnee swimming will have a big presence at the state meet on Feb. 15. The Wolves placed fifth as a team and the Lady Wolves took sixth at the Regional meet in Jenks Saturday.
Isabel Webb and Leticia Cervantes will be busy as both qualified in four events, two individual and two relay events each.
Webb and Cervantes were joined by Savannah Smith and Jordyn Sateren in the 200-yard medley relay. The team placed fifth in the relay. Sateren and Aspen Chapline joined Cervantes and Webb in the 200-yard freestyle relay. That team took third and also qualified for state.
Webb also placed second in the 50-yard freestyle, about a quarter of a second behind aptly named Carlynn Fast of Putnam City. Her other individual race resulted in a fifth-place finish in the 100-yard backstroke.
Cervantes also qualified for state in two individual events. After setting a school record in the event on Friday, she took fourth in the Regional finals of the 200-yard individual medley with a time that was about three seconds slower than her record time of 2:20.30. She also placed fourth in the 100-yard butterfly, just over a tenth of a second behind the third-place finisher.
On the boys' side, Trent Ogden and Brodie Morris had similar success.
The pair raced in the 200-yard medley relay with Kiergan Gibson and Josh Coons. They took fifth in the relay. They were also in the 200-yard freestyle relay with Gibson and Troy Rakestraw. That team finished fifth as well.
Morris finished fourth in both the 200-yard freestyle and the 500-yard freestyle. Ogden also took seventh in both the 50-yard freestyle and the 100-yard backstroke.
Other placers for Shawnee included:
• Kiergan Gibson was 4th in the 100-yard breaststroke and 13th in the 100-yard butterfly
• Jordyn Sateren was 8th in the 200-yard freestyle and 13th in the 100-yard freestyle
• Josh Coons was 9th in the 200-yard individual medley and 12th in the 100-yard butterfly
• Savannah Smith was 10th in the 200-yard individual medley and 15th in the 100-yard breaststroke
• Aspen Chapline was 11th in the 100-yard backstroke and 13th in the 200-yard freestyle
• Bryce Holter was 12th in the 500-yard freestyle and 14th in the 200-yard freestyle
• Ryan Staal was 12th in the 200-yard individual medley and 15th in the 100-yard backstroke
• Austin Smallwood was 14th in the individual medley
• Breanna Lee was 11th in the 100-yard butterfly and 12th in the 500-yard freestyle
• Troy Rakestraw was 15th in the 100-yard freestyle
• Namer Holbert was 16th in the 500-yard freestyle