At about 6:55 p.m. Monday, the Shawnee Fire Department was alerted to reports of a house fire at 311 S. Lindale in Shawnee.

Shawnee Fire Department Battalion Chief Tom Larman said when crews arrived at the single-family residence, heavy smoke and flames were visible, but the occupants had already made their way out of the home.

“At least 50 percent of the house received fire damage, as well as smoke damage to the whole structure,” he said.

Two were injured and transported to the hospital.

The incident is under investigation, he said.