Shawnee's December sales tax deposit was $2,089,515.56.
Shawnee city sales tax collections are up, compared to the same month a year ago.
Ashley Neel, finance director and city treasurer, reports the sales and use tax collections totaled $2,274,557.35 for November 2019. The overall budgeted increase for both sales and use tax collections for FY 2020 was a modest 0.75 percent based on conservative estimates of historical trends.
“For the year, sales tax collections are up $790,606 (7.40 percent) over the projected budget year-to-date,” she said. “Use tax collections are up approximately $422,032 (or 49.88 percent) over the projected budget year-to-date.
She said the December sales tax deposit was $2,089,515.56, including interest of $2,101.36, to be allocated as follows:
• General Fund — $1,194,008.90
• 2018 Capital Improvements Fund — $298,502.22
• Capital Improvements Fund — $231,339.23
• Street Improvements Fund — $261,189.44
• Economic Development Fund — $29,850.23
• Police Sales Tax Fund — $37,312.77
• Fire Sales Tax Fund — $37,312.77
Pottawatomie County's sales tax collections for December showed an increase in revenue over December 2018. Treasurer Wendy Magnus reported this month's collections totaled $738,143.56, up from the same month a year ago when $618,910.69 was received — an increase of $119,232.87.